This month, The Writer published an article of the top ten movies for writers. I thought I would put up a list of some of my favs:
1. Adaptation – this has to be the ultimate writer’s movie. The interior monologue that’s going on inside his head is so true to life.
2. Miss Potter – a whimsical tale but also a tragic love story.
3. Throw Momma From the Train – the movie that produced the catchphrase “A writer writes, always.”
4. Moulin Rouge
5. Naked Lunch – what’s better than typewriters turning into freaky bugs?
6. Sylvia – Gwyneth Paltrow plays one of my obsessions…Sylvia Plath
7. Shakespeare in Love – Gwyneth again
8. Dead Poets Society – anything with Robin Williams is good. The man is a living legend.
9. Secret Window – creepy!
10. Finding Neverland – another one featuring Mr. Depp
11. Delirious – John Candy was a comic genious! I wish I had his typewriter. 🙂
12. Misery – Every writer’s worse nightmare.
13. Nightmares and Dreamscapes – there were two “episodes” with writers as the main characters.
There are many many more I could list but tried to only put in movies that I have actually seen. I think it’d be great sometime to get a bunch of my writer friends together (both of them) and have a movie marathon.